PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards), created by the Payment Card Industry, was designed to reduce cardholder data security issues and facilitate consistent global data protection standards and merchant assessment among payment card processing vendors.
PCI applies to any network, server or application that is included in or connected to the cardholder data environment where cardholder data is stored, processed, or transmitted. Applicable merchants and service providers must manage and monitor compliance including that of all associated third parties with access to cardholder data. The PCI standard v1.2, outlining twelve requirements and adherence testing, employs common security best practices to safeguard sensitive cardholder identity and transaction data.
AccelOps integrates the next generation security information event management capability with automatic CMDB features to deliver continuous compliance and unmatched PCI compliance.
AccelOps delivers a complete PCI compliance solution by:
- Monitoring configuration changes to maintain appropriate firewall configuration protecting cardholder data
- Monitoring system controls such as password management to negate using vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords
- Monitoring the protection of cardholder data storage such as personal identifiable information and respective financial transactions
- Monitoring processes that support encrypted transmission of cardholder data across open public networks
- Monitoring, tracking and responding to malware activity supporting use and regular updating of anti-virus / anti-malware software
- Monitoring controls regarding the development and maintenance of secure systems and applications
- Monitoring, alerting and storing log records regarding access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
- Monitoring physical access to cardholder data and alerting on restriction/access policy violations
- Monitoring all access to network resources and cardholder data and document segregated access to payment processing resources